Hello everyone and welcome or welcome back to yet another blogging award! Thank you to Jayati @ It’s Just a Coffee-Addicted Bibliophile for nominating me for the Liebster Award!
(I did this award a year ago with different questions; you can read that post here)
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
1) If you could go back to when you first started blogging, what would you do differently?
Hmmm…. if I could go back to when I first started blogging, I’d probably try to explore more blogs and begin interacting with the community sooner. For the first few months after I started my blog, I had my comments turned off and did very little blog-hopping– I didn’t realize that was the best part of blogging!
2) What book do you think would make a great movie/tv show?
Fresh in my mind because I just read it last month: Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir would make a good movie.
3) Is 3 stars a good or bad rating?
Wow, already coming out with the controversial questions! For me, 3-stars is “eh”; the book wasn’t bad but I’m also not falling over myself to recommend it to everyone. Maybe it wasn’t my taste, maybe it was boring, maybe it was just middling. Either way, 3-stars is not particularly good or bad for me.
4) What’s your favourite trope?
I’m not sure this is necessarily a TROPE but my favorite “trope” would have to be… when the ending of the book comes full-circle with the beginning. There are so many books that do this but the thing is I can’t exactly list examples without being spoilery.
5) What’s a place you really want to visit?
This is the WORLD’S MOST BASIC answer, but Paris
6) If you had to describe yourself in three characters, which ones would they be?
It’s excruciatingly awkward for me to describe myself but I’m probably a mix of…. Hermione Granger, Reynie Muldoon from The Mysterious Benedict Society and uh, uh, Aza Holmes from Turtles All the way Down.
7) What was the last book you read that made you cry?
The last book that made me cry… I’m sure there’s one but I can’t remember at this exact moment….
8) If you could read any book for the first time again, what would it be?
9) Which elemental power would you want (air, water, earth or fire)?
I’m not quite sure how to answer this one. I guess water? Or no, maybe fire best captures me. It’s a mystery, I guess.
10) What is your current favourite and least favourite tv show?
I don’t watch TV (#quirky)
In all seriousness, I don’t actually watch enough TV to answer this fully. I was really obsessed with Downton Abbey last year but other than that I haven’t been really into a TV show (besides watching the Mysterious Benedict Society adaptation last month)
As for least favorite TV show… I can’t stand reality TV unless you count all those Food Network shows.
11 Facts About Me:
*frantically searches my brain for facts I haven’t shared yet*
- I used to be allergic to dairy, eggs AND peanuts (it was terrible) but now I’m allergic to nothing
- I’m running a computer programming competition league for my county’s high schools this year
- I take piano lessons
- and my favorite classical composer is Chopin
- Like seemingly everyone else on the blogosphere, I like listening to Taylor Swift and folklore is my favorite album of hers, for sure
- I was seriously obsessed with horses for a long time but no, I was never allowed to get riding lessons
- I am graduating from high school in eight months *existential crisis intensifies*
- My birthday is in November, but my favorite month is either October (fall, amazing weather!) or December (Christmas and the best vibes!)
- My dog’s name is Finn
- As a kid I was extremely obsessed with Little Einsteins and My Little Pony and I could write a thesis on how they have shaped the rest of my life
- I can’t think of many more facts so this is the last one
My Questions for You:
- What’s your favorite book and how did you find it?
- Do you ever regret starting a book blog?
- If you had to choose a different bookish platform, apart from blogging, what would you choose?
- Library or bookstore?
- Do you IRL friends/coworkers know about your blog?
- What is your biggest goal?
- Do you use bookmarks?
- What’s the latest you’ve ever stayed up reading?
- If you had to recommend one book for the rest of your life what would it be?
- Did you read blogs before starting your own?
- What’s your least favorite part of reading?
Well, that’s all for today! See you (hopefully) soon
If you liked this post, consider subscribing to Frappes & Fiction. I post about the books I read, the books I think YOU should read, and anything else on my mind.