Today I’m finally starting to go through my list of award posts! Thank you to Lilly’s Little Library for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1) Who’s your favorite book character of all time?
This is one of the most basic answers you’ll ever hear, but Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series. Hermione in the first book was the literary version of elementary school me. (Regrettably)
I also really like Jo March from Little Women and Atticus Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird!
2) What’s your favorite book genre?
Mystery and historical fiction. I also like incorporating a healthy amount of nonfiction into my literary diet, usually about history or science. (that’s vague, but trust me, I read a very random assortment of books) I also really like certain kinds of science fiction.
3) If you could pick any food to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Salad. I love it, and there are so many varieties that I wouldn’t get bored. There’s pasta salad, quinoa salad, chicken salad, egg salad potato salad, and all kinds of lettuce salad. (is that cheating?)
4) What’s your favorite blog?
My own, of course. (Just kidding. I couldn’t possibly choose just one!)
5) If you could magically transport to any fictional place, where would it be?
I keep referencing Harry Potter in this post, but I’m going to say Hogsmeade.
6) Do you like dogs or cats better?
I really can’t decide, but I have a dog.
7) What is your least favorite book?
That’s tough. The worst book I read last year was probably Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeiffer. The plot was nonsensical, the main character was unlikeable, the writing left must to be desired, and it featured some very dubious characterizations…. the entire book just left a bad taste in my mouth.
8) How long have you been blogging for?
I started my blog on March 25th, 2020.
9) What point in time would you want to live in?
2022! I’m so excited for my life to begin again.
Update: now I’m almost vaccinated and my life is beginning again, and it’s still 2021!
10) What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
Coffee! I didn’t choose my blog name for no reason. This is ironic because I’m currently writing this post on a caffeine surge at 10 PM wondering how I’m going to sleep after making the mistake of drinking coffee at 3 pm.
11) What’s one of your biggest hobbies besides reading and blogging?
I have so many hobbies and random interests that it’s not even funny. One of them that I haven’t talked about too much on here is piano; I’ve been playing since I was 5 and I like finding new songs to learn.
- Why is your favorite book genre your favorite?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What are you looking forward to right now?
- What is your biggest bookish pet peeve?
- What do you look for in a good blog?
- Do you watch booktube? What are your favorite booktubers?
- What’s your favorite month of the year?
- What is the most intimidating book on your TBR?
- What’s your favorite childhood book?
- What is one of your blogging goals?
- If you had to change your blog niche to something other than books, what would you choose?
…and anyone else reading this who wants to do it!
I have a huge pile-up of tags and awards and stuff that I haven’t done, dating back to the fall (yes really) and I keep forgetting to post them but don’t want to clog up my feed by posting a million in a row, so that’s why I haven’t posted all of them. I’ll be sprinkling them amongst my regular posts during the summer, since they are a fun way to interact with and get to know other bloggers.
My 100th Post:
Fun fact of the day: this is my 100th post on this blog!