After months of crippling procrastination, I have finally gotten around to posting some blogging awards! It has been almost 4 months since I was nominated for some of these, and for that I sincerely apologize…
1) The Mystery Blogger Award (#2)
First up is the Mystery Blogger Award, for which I was nominated by This Unique Girl. She has an awesome — and unique — blog that you should definitely check out!
(This is the second time I have been nominated for this award– read post #1 here)
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention Okoto Enigma, the creator of the award.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer 5 questions from the nominee.
- Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers.
- Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, including 1 weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best post.
3 Things About Me:
1) I have three younger siblings
2) I really like thunderstorms for some reason.
3) I’m running out of things to say about myself
1. What makes you happy?
Well, starting with the obvious: incredible books make me happy. For example, after I finished reading The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie I was in an amazing mood all morning. Most of the 5-star books I read give me this insane happiness boost because their brilliance just transposes itself onto my mood.
I also really like solving logic puzzles and doing programming challenges, and it’s because I get so happy when I finally figure out something I have been thinking about for a while.
2. If you could talk to ANY animal for 1 hour, what animal would you choose?
My dog, Finn.
3. Dogs or cats?
I think I’m obligated to say dogs for Finn’s sake
4. Are you an introvert or extrovert?
I’m definitely an introvert, but I sometimes (often) wish I were more extraverted.
5. What’s your favorite book?
I’ve read so many incredible books that this is a really hard question.
Classics: The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger | Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes | 1984 by George Orwell
1) Why do you read?
2) How did you choose your blog name?
3) What does your perfect day look like?
4) What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
5) If you could choose only one book to own, which would it be?
My best post:
I can’t really choose a “best post”, since I can’t exactly judge my own writing objectively, and different posts can be “good” in different ways. Hmm. I’m going to go with My Top 20 Books of 2020, Ranked. It certainly took the longest.
2) The Black Cat, Blue Sea Award
Thank you to The Reading Addict for nominating me for the Black Cat, Blue Sea Award! She has a wonderful book blog that I love to read.
- Anybody nominated can nominate seven (lucky number) other bloggers.
- Anybody nominated answers three questions.
- The questions you ask while nominating can be any three questions.
- If any of the questions asked are offending or the nominee simply does not want to answer them, the nominee does not have to answer them to earn the award.
1. What is your favorite holiday treat? (dessert, candy, drink, etc)
It’s mid-January and long past the holidays when I’m finally writing this, so that’s depressing. But my favorite holiday dessert would have to be apple pie!
2. Who is your favorite new-to-you author you read this year?
It’s only the 20th day of the year, so I haven’t read many completely new-to-me authors yet. From 2020, though, I’m going to go with Emma Lord.
3. What do you do in your free time other than read?
Well, this technically isn’t “free time”, but I take a lot of time out of my schedule for tutoring. It’s kind of my job. I mostly tutor middle school math, and it’s actually one of the best things I started last year.
I also am into computer science, which I don’t talk about a ton on this blog; I have worked on one (and a half) app development projects, and I’m involved in a lot of things at my school involving CS.
1) What is your ideal vacation spot?
2) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
3) Why did you start blogging?