Summer’s coming up soon, and that means I’ll have even more extra time for reading. Here are 5 authors whose books I have NEVER read but I really want to try out!
- Ruta Sepetys– Ruta Sepetys is a celebrated YA historical fiction writer. Her books tend to focus on little-known events in history that aren’t usually written about. I am a HUGE fan of historical fiction and I have seen her books all over booktube so she is high on my TBR list!
- Morgan Matson– Morgan Matson has written a lot of contemporary books that are currently on my TBR. According to her, she specializes in “YA novels, usually about a girl, a summer, a boy, sometimes a dog, and always lots of coffee and ice cream.” That sounds pretty fun to me, especially the coffee part.
- Marie Lu– I have been wanting to read Marie Lu’s books after one of my friends physically could not put her book down in chemistry (shoutout to you, Sanjana). I have Legend on my shelf right now so I will be starting it fairly soon. I’m excited.
- Sarah Dessen– Another contemporary author! Sarah Dessen is a super prolific writer; she has published 14 books, which is really impressive. First on my list is Saint Anything. I love reading light and fun contemporaries!
- Rainbow Rowell– I’m probably one of the only people who hasn’t read anything by Rainbow Rowell… she has so many extremely hyped and well-loved books (Eleanor & Park, Fangirl, etc.) and is praised for how relatable and true-to-life her characters are. She also seems like a really cool person.
I really wish libraries were open so it would be easier to get new books… but either way I am looking forward to checking out these authors!